Barry Douglas has established a major international career since winning the Gold Medal at the 1986 Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition, the first non-Russian pianist to be honored with the award since Van Cliburn in 1958.
As a soloist he has previously given concerts with the BBC Scottish Symphony, London Symphony, Russian National, Cincinnati Symphony, Staatskapelle, Orchestre National de France, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic and Hong Kong Philharmonic orchestras, among others, and regularly plays in recitals throughout the world, with recent performances in the UK, the Netherlands, Armenia, Mexico, China and the US.
Barry founded the chamber orchestra Camerata Ireland in 1999 to celebrate and nurture the very best of young musicians from both Northern and the Republic of Ireland. The orchestra debuted at the BBC Proms in London and a world premiere of a new cantata commissioned by The Honorable Irish Society in 2013.
In his debut concert at Mountain View Theater, Barry Douglas pairs Tchaikovsky’s principal works for solo piano: “The Seasons”, and Mussorgsky’s warhorse “Pictures at An Exhibition”.
TCHAIKOVSKY: The Seasons
MUSSORGSKY: Pictures at An Exhibition
TICKET PRICE & SUBSCRIPTION
Premium Seats：¥480 / Exclusive Seats：¥380
- 10% off for Design Society Members;
- Booking priority of "Music Lover's Share" events for ticket holders;
- Best available seats will be allocated automatically according to ordering time.
Intimate Seat Subscription：¥2,600
Limited to 20 seats only for each concert, reminiscing the indulging experience of a private music salon in the Romantic Era.
- ONE prime location ticket for each concert, six tickets in total;
- When order is placed, service personnel will be making contact to purchasers within 24hrs for exclusive seat-selection;
- ONE signed CD by one of 2019 Season’s soloist as a gift;
- TWO reserved seats for each of "Music Lover's Share" events.
* Recommended age: 8+ years.
* All purchases tickets are non-refundable and not able to be exchanged.
* Design Society holds the right to interpret the terms & conditions to subscription and discounts.