* Ticket on-sale date is TBD, please follow Sea World Culture and Arts Center wechat public account for updated information.
Ever since 2000, when Filippo Gamba won first prize at the Géza Anda Piano Competition in Zurich, his international career has risen ever higher – living legend Vladimir Ashkenazy himself has spoken in superlatives of the talents of Gamba. The Veronese pianist had also already been a prizewinner at piano competitions including the Van Cliburn, the Leeds, the Gina Bachauer, the Rubinstein-Tel Aviv and the International Beethoven Competition Wien and in 1995 he won the Bremen Piano Competition.
From late 17th century since the fortepiano was invented, the instrument inspired new keyboard techniques was eagerly adopted by virtuosos of the age, from Scarlatti to Beethoven. In his concert, Gamba will bring a program that combines well known piano sonatas by Beethoven and Scarlatti, providing a valuable reflection on the revolution of piano music.
|Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Major, Op. 28 "Pastoral"|
|SCARLATTI||Keyboard Sonata in B-flat Major, K. 551|
|BEETHOVEN||Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 27-2 “Moonlight”|
|BEETHOVEN||Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, Op. 13 "Pathétique"|
|SCARLATTI||Keyboard Sonata in F Minor, K. 466|
|BEETHOVEN||Piano Sonata No. 23 in F Minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"|
Terms & Conditions
* All subscription and discount offers are not to be applied together with each other;
* For official website booking, seats will be allocated to best location available according to purchase time;
* Children under 1.2m are not admitted to the concerts;
* All purchases tickets are non-refundable and not able to be exchanged;
* Mountain View Theater reserves the right of final interpretation of all ticket subscriptions, discount, associated activities and the herein fees.
Premium Seats ¥580 Exclusive Seats ¥480
* 10% off for all Design Society Members
Early Bird Discount
15% off during Early Bird period for purchasing tickets of this concert. Please follow Sea World Culture and Arts Center wechat public account for available time period.
Rush Tickets (STUDENTS ONLY)
50% discount Rush tickets for valid students’ certificate holders are offered ONE hour prior to this concert starts at the theater lobby, only when the concert is not sold out. Number of Rush Tickets available is determined at the discretion of box office and to a maximum of 10.
* Seat selection is not available;
* One holder of valid student certificate can purchase one Rush Ticket only, and is required to show their valid certificate when being admitted to the auditorium.
10/16 Fri. 20:00
Filippo Gamba Piano Recital
11/11 Wed. 20:00
Stephen Kovacevich 80th Anniversary Celebration Piano Recital
12/20 Sun. 20:00
Nikolai Demidenko Piano Recital